ALL DAY PRESCHOOL PROGRAM
|CLASS TIME||M-F 7:15 a.m.-5 p.m.|
|LENGTH OF PROGRAM||10 months|
|TUITION||$600/mo. per child|
|REGISTRATION FEE||$100 per child|
ALL DAY PRESCHOOL GENERAL SCHEDULE
7:00 SET UP CLASSROOM
7:15 TABLE TIME
8:00 CENTERS/POTTY BREAKS
9:00 RECESS (Back yard)
9:30 CIRCLE TIME
10:00 SMALL GROUPS/POTTY BREAKS
11:00 RECESS (Side yard)
12:00 POTTY BREAKS/REST MATS
12:15 REST TIME
1:45 SNACK/POTTY BREAKS/CLEAN UP REST MATERIALS
2:00 CIRCLE TIME
3:00 CENTERS UNTIL PICKED UP/POTTY BREAKS
ALL DAY PRESCHOOL DETAILED SCHEDULE
BEFORE CLASS STARTS
- Put out different fine motor activities on each of the 2 tables (i.e. puzzles, manipulatives, play dough, etc.) and trains or blocks on the rug
- Check your cell phone – students may come any time after 7:15.
- Welcome all students and families that come into the classroom with a bright warm greeting and hugs if desired. The parents should help the student put away their coat, put their lunch into the lunch bucket, and you should help the student separate from parents as needed. (We don’t want tears at dropoff time.)
- Students can then go to the tables for activities.
- Please note: The schedule listed below is only shown to show you what has worked well for our teachers in the past. You’re the teacher, and we’re going to let you do what you do best: TEACH! So if you want to try a different schedule out, or change where or when you do your activities to better help your class’s dynamic – go for it! However, please make sure to incorporate all of the elements below each day, even if they’re done in a different order.
- POSSIBLE SCHEDULE
- 7:15-8:00 TABLE TIME
- Name recognition/writing
- Fine motor skill building
- Playdough, puzzles, art
- 8:00-9:00 CENTERS
- Be sure to have each child go potty during centers
- Reading Center
- Writing Center
- Math Center
- Science Center
- Art Center
- Music Center
- Building Center
- Dramatic Play Center
- Sensory Center
- 9:00-9:30 RECESS (Back Yard)
- Students should get coats on and line up at the door. Lead the line to the backyard.
- Assist children with their social interactions and gross motor play (no gym materials on playground structure.)
- 9:30-10:00 CIRCLE TIME
- Sing a “Welcome” song
- Share time (Spirit Day only)
- Calendar/weather/job helpers
- Introduce and explain small group activities
- 10:00-11:00 SMALL GROUPS
- Small Group with Teacher (Learning activities; Handwriting without Tears)
- Building on Rug
- Fine Motor at Writing Station or Sensory
- Students should:
- Clean up messes
- If they don’t want to eat it, or they don’t want to eat all of it, that’s fine, but they should not be offered a different snack or allowed to take it home.
- Throw away garbage
- Push in chair
- Clean up messes
- Be watchful of allergies! Students with a separate snack are only allowed to eat from the separate snack box (no exceptions).
- Students should:
- 11:00-11:30 RECESS (Side Yard)
- 11:30-12:00 LUNCH
- 12:00-12:15 TRANSITION
- Everyone goes potty, gets out rest mat and rest materials, chooses book, and lays down quietly
- Once everyone is quietly laying on mats, helper can pick up books and put them away
- 12:15-1:45 QUIET REST TIME
- Some children fall asleep; others lay quietly on their mats and look at books
- 1:45-2:00 SNACK/POTTY BREAKS/CLEAN UP REST MATERIAL
- 2-2:30 CIRCLE TIME
- Introduce theme with music & movement or story etc.
- Do hands-on fun learning activity
- 2:30-3:00 RECESS (Back Yard)
- 3:00-5:00 CENTERS UNTIL PICKED UP
- 7:15-8:00 TABLE TIME
CLEAN UP WHILE KIDS ARE STILL THERE (usually around 4:30 p.m.)
- Room: Clean up and organize materials used
- Tables: Wash down with disinfectant wipes
- Floors: Vacuum carpet (located in closet)
- Bathroom: Wash sink and entire toilet with disinfectant wipes
- Garbages: Take out (and replace with new bag) bathroom and classroom garbages; throw away in large trash bins by the parking lot
- As parents come in to get their child, greet them warmly with a big “HI!” and “Jace, your mom’s here!” Help the child to separate from their activity so the parent can pick up quicker. (We don’t want any children crying when it’s time to leave; we want that to be a great happy experience to go home with parent.)
- Tell the parents a few quick interesting things about their day (i.e. what you learned about, something the child did really well that day, a special activity they really liked, a question they can ask their child, etc.)
- Make sure the parent empties the child’s clothespin and gets coat and lunchbox
- Say goodbye warmly to the child and parent
- If any child hasn’t been picked up by 4:55 (and is usually picked up by then) call the parents to confirm they are on their way. (Late pickups are not normal. If the same parent is later than 5 p.m. several times, please let the Director know.) If the child hasn’t been picked up by 5:10, call the Director.
ALL DAY PRESCHOOL SCHEDULE FOR PARENTS
7:15 a.m. – Arrival Activities
We are so excited for everyone to arrive! We warmly welcome everyone and get right to work on fine motor skills such as beading, manipulatives, cutting, puzzles, games, writing our names, playdoh, etc.
8:00 a.m. – Circle Time
We gather at the circle rug to work on our cognitive, social, language, & gross motor skills with our sharing time, calendar, weather, jobs and music & movement.
8:30 a.m. – Center Time
Our many centers include Dramatic Play, Sensory, Art, Building, Literacy, Writing, and Science. We work on social, emotional, and language skills such as using our words, taking turns, being patient, negotiating conflicts, etc.
9:15 a.m. – Recess
Our playground areas include play structures, swings, slides, sand boxes, balls, hula hoops, scooters, and more! We’re working on our social, emotional, language, & gross motor skills as we run, jump, climb, swing, and create games.
9:45 a.m. – Circle Time
10 a.m. – Small Group Learning Centers
We group students based on their cognitive skill level and their goals. Groups rotate between Art, Math, Snack, and Teacher.
11:15 a.m. – Recess
11:45 a.m. – Lunch & Story
12:30 p.m. – Quiet Rest Time
We listen to a story and then snuggle with our blanket and stuffed animal as the lights are dimmed and classical music plays. Not everyone falls asleep, and that’s okay; we can look at books quietly too.
2:00 p.m. – Afternoon Snack
2:30 p.m. – Recess
3:30 p.m. – Center Time Until Picked Up
We build our social and emotional skills as we incorporate our learning into our play. As each friend gets picked up before 5 p.m., we give them a warm goodbye hug and can’t wait to see them again!