Every teacher has their favorite teaching tools that they use in the classroom. Here are our top 14 favorite preschool teaching tools to make your life easier and to help you save time and money!
- A laminator is an amazing tool that helps teachers save time and money! You can protect your posters, file folder games and much more by laminating them. Doing this once and then being able to use them for years to come is so efficient.
- A Cricut machine makes creating bulletin boards, name tags and much more a breeze. You design your project and it cuts out the product for you. No more bulky die cut machines.
- Dry Erase Markers are essential when teaching preschool. They are useful for teachers on the white board as well as allowing children to practice writing during group time.
- Post it Notes are essential in preschool. Teachers can quickly and easily mark a page in a book they are reading, keep their spot on an assessment they were giving or send a note home to parents.
- Velcro is very useful in a preschool setting to create file folder games, name tags that may get moved around, on charts and calendars.
- A good pen. Every teacher needs a good pen to take notes, do assessments, write communications to other teachers or parents.
- A quality pair of scissors. Teachers are always needing to cut out projects or cut different materials for their classrooms. A quality pair of scissors make these tasks quick and easy.
- Clipboards are essential for teachers to observe and record children during an assessment. It is easier to walk around and observe the children using their skills in action and being able to document conversation and activities each child is doing.
- Storage containers for items from books to paintbrushes. Staying organized as a teacher is essential to a classroom running smoothly. Having an organization system in place helps when it comes to changing a theme for your program or keeping art supplies neat and tidy.
- Electric pencil sharpener. No teacher has time to hand sharpen pencils and preschoolers inevitably will break the leads off as they sharpen the pencils.
- Chocolate or small snacks. Teachers don’t always have time to grab lunch or they may need a pick me up during the day. Fun sized chocolate bars or other small snacks are a welcomed site.
- A small tool kit. You never know when a toy will need batteries and a small tool kit would have just the thing to get the back off said toy so the batteries can be changed. There will be other uses for the tool kit throughout the year and it is always best to be prepared.
- Metal rings to hold flash cards together. These rings come in handy when you have a group of things you need to keep together.
- Wipe off boards or pockets. The kids can use these to trace letters and numbers and wipe them off to start over again. You can also change the insert in the wipe off pockets making it versatile and usable the whole year. These can also be used for online teaching.
Any way we can save time and money lends us more time for our students or family. I hope you can use the top 14 favorite teaching tools to prepare your classroom this next school year!